In 2010, Aalborg CSP developed and delivered a receiver system for a 3MWt tower demonstration plant for the production of saturated and superheated steam.
The receiver, developed and delivered by Aalborg CSP consists of an evaporator and a superheater. To fit the 140° solar field, the evaporator receiver is angled to optimize the absorption from the solar field. The receiver is situated on top of a 30 meter high steel tower. The solar field consists of 250 individually controlled heliostats that are individually 22m2 large.
The safety of the high pressure steam system is monitored by a fail-safe PLC and controlled together with the heliostat field by a common DCS.
The delivery includes:
Aalborg CSP's scope of responsibility was design and engineering, procurement and technical assistance during installation, and commissioning of the delivery.
Scope of supply:
- Steam drum incl. valves
- Solar tower receiver
- Feed water pump and feed water control valve
- Chemical dosing pumping unit with tank
- Water treatment plant
- Demineralized water storage tank with make-up water pump
- Safety valves on steam drum and steam line
- Control system and fail safe PLC
- Transportation to site, Turkey
- Technical assistance during installation and commissioning